• Pushkar Sohoni (IISER Pune) The Architecture of a Deccan Sultanate: Courtly Practice and Royal Authority in Late Medieval India
Discussants: Marika Sardar (Aga Khan Museum) and Vivek Gupta (University of Cambridge) on November 13th at 13.00 GMT (Book Discussion)
• George Michell (Architectural Historian, DHF) ‘Art and Architecture of the Badami Chalukyas,’ on November 27th at 13.00 GMT
• Richard M. Eaton (University of Arizona) India in the Persianate Age: 1000—1765
Discussants: Alka Patel (UC Irvine) and Roy Fischel (SOAS, University of London) on December 11th at 16.00 GMT (Book Discussion)
• Annapurna Garimella (Art, Resources and Teaching Trust) ‘The Square and the Rectangle: Design Transformations and Architectural Renovation between the 14th-16th Centuries in Vijayanagara,’ on December 18th at 13.00 GMT
• Emma Flatt (UNC Chapel Hill) The Courts of the Deccan Sultanates: Living Well in the Persian Cosmopolis
Discussants: Evrim Binbaş (University of Bonn) and Subah Dayal (NYU Gallatin) on January 8th at 13.00 GMT (Book Discussion)
• Anna Lise Seastrand (University of Minnesota) ‘Image and Imagination: Wall Paintings in Early Modern Southern India,’ on January 22nd at 16.00 GMT
• Evrim Binbaş (University of Bonn) ‘The Idea of Sacral Kingship between Islamic and Turco-Mongol Concepts of Politics,’ on March 5th at 13.00 GMT
Registrations for the webinar series are now closed.
If you have any queries, please write to email@example.com.